Welcome to our Conservation Noticeboard in which we want to feature conservation initiatives as they happen. We are very lucky to have a number of very conservation minded residents intent to ensure that their properties are maintained sympathetically, not just for themselves but the whole community and so that such assets can be handed on in good order to posterity. So herewith a small selection of recent initiatives that we will extend and develop moving forward.
- In 2017, the barn and about 30 acres of the surrounding land were purchased by the Whittle family and restored into the farmhouse curtilage and demesne. The barn has been repaired and refurbished. The land beyond the immediate garden plot is to be maintained as …Read More »
- Joy reports that as May 2020 – “A healthy population of native coarse fish ( including pike and roach) have been identified in the top lake. We have also noted a small hatch of mayflies which suggests a very healthy marine ecosystem. We want to …Read More »
- Since taking ownership in 2004 Joy and Akeel have added to the property and recently acquired 100 acres around the house. This consolidates Peatmoor Wood with land between Pyrford Road, the Wey Navigation Canal and the Pyrford Marina up as far as Dodd’s Bridge. Both Joy …Read More »
- It appears that the ‘The Old House’ was originally Lees Farm and the first record goes back to the 12th century when Roger de Leghe was recorded in the area. Originally a single roomed ‘Hall House’ circa 1450-1560. Alterations and extensions were frequent and blended succeeding …Read More »
- Pyrford is criss-crossed by a plethora of footpaths that many residents enjoy on a regular basis. Their upkeep is the responsibility of Surrey County Council and fixing things when they get broke can be a lot of fun. A group of 5 Forum members helped …Read More »