This Conservation Area is comprised of Aviary Road, together with part of Engliffe Lane from the Pyrford Centre (former Village School) up to Sandringham Close. Aviary Road contains high quality Edwardian suburban housing which have remained virtually intact with only some very limited infilling at its eastern end adjacent to Sandy Lane path. The development which dates from 1910-1912 is very distinctive in character and is a good example of Edwardian period housing. Although all the properties are of individual design, the suburban form of the estate is very unusual for the Pyrford area which had very little development at this time, apart from larger properties in secluded plots in the vicinity of Coldharbour and West Byfleet. It is likely that the adjacent development of the ‘St. Nicholas Waifs and Strays Home’ by E.J. May in 1906 (formerly the Rowley Bristow Hospital) greatly influenced the form of development in Aviary Road.