A topic raised very recently concerns the impact of traffic on local wildlife.
A member reported:- “I was driving back home earlier this afternoon and saw 2 dead juvenile badgers (this year’s cubs) and a fox from last week in the 300m stretch of Upshot Lane between the Pyrford Centre and Pyrford Common Road. There are badger setts either side of this road so not really a surprise. “
It is now reported that 5 dead young badgers have been seen in six weeks in the Pyrford area but there could easily be more. Suggestions made to protect the wildlife included:-
- Traffic calming measures along this stretch?
- Extend the 30mph zone to Pyrford Common Road?
- Build some wildlife tunnels?
- Erect “Wildlife Crossing” warning signs?
- Erect reflective patches on posts to warn wildlife of approaching traffic?
Do you think Pyrford Forum should support any of these measures? Let us know your thoughts by email clicking here
WILDLIFE SIGHTINGS IN PYRFORD – Have you spotted any unusual wildlife in Pyrford? If we don’t know it’s here, we can’t protect it! Report any sightings by email clicking here
Leave a Reply