News at Last ….!!!
On the 10th October Woking Council finally announced proposals for development sites they require up until 2027; also proposals to safeguard development land for the period 2027-2040.
Council officers have withdrawn the field behind Aviary Road from the original proposals but propose to take Randall’s field, on the right of Upshot Lane, for 223 new houses. The rest of their proposals,which we objected to in 2015, remain pretty much unchanged.
Our Cllr Ashley Bowes, the portfolio holder for Planning, rejected those proposals and has proposed, with Cllr Bittleston, an amendment that removes both our fields from proposals for development in the period 2027-2040.
This amendment has to be approved by the council meeting at 7pm on 18 October in the Civic Offices, Gloucester Square. If the amendment is approved our fields will be saved but it’s important that we attend in numbers to demonstrate local backing for Ashley Bowes and Graham Chrystie who will be speaking for the amendment.
PLEASE ATTEND THE MEETING ON 18 OCTOBER IF YOU POSSSIBLY CAN.
In summary, if the amendment is passed, the consultation that follows will exclude our fields and feature:
1. Development site proposals for use up until 2027 that remain unchanged from 2015.
2. Safeguarded sites for withdrawal from Green Belt reduced from the original 6 sites to 2:
- Land to the south of Parvis Road, Byfleet;
- Land to the south of Rectory Lane, Byfleet.
3. Traveller accommodation proposals have been revised:
- The 10 Acre Farm site is withdrawn.
- The Hatchingtan and Five Acres sites remain.
- Temporary planning permission at Murrays Lane to be made permanent.
- 15 pitches set aside at West Hall, W Byfleet.
4. The Martyrs Lane site is excluded from all development proposals.
5. The final Regulation 19 Consultation is planned over 6 weeks from early November.
It will be important to show solidarity with Ashley and Graham as they defend our village from development on Thursday evening so please do attaend if you can.
Full details of the papers to be discussed can be found at https://moderngov.woking.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=135&MId=245