An early activity of the Heritage Conservation Project was to catalogue sources of information relating to our heritage. This has been an on-going activity to provide a base of information about what we know of the area covering books, people, maps and what has currently been recognised. We have divided these catalogues into 10 different types that can be referenced below from local, borough and county sources. Local residents and members of the Forum are invited to inspect and comment back to us if they feel the need at email@example.com
- Bibliography – published histories containing important references to Pyrford. Click here for further details.
- Local Historians – a catalogue of local residents who have been prominent documenting our history and heritage. Click here for further details.
- PNF Archive Maps – the Forum has collected a wide variety of map materials and these are catalogued here .
- SHC Maps – Surrey History Centre were approached for map evidence of the area going back as far as possible to facilitate a map regression. A catalogue is available here and references a photograph library available on request.
- SCC Registered Listed Buildings – a catalogue of buildings nationally registered with Surrey County Council (SCC) Heritage Environment Records (HER) office is available here .
- WBC Listed Buildings – Woking Borough Council also recognise buildings of architectural significance (AH) and townscape merit (TM) within the local area. Click here for further details.
- SCC Registered Parks and Gardens – Surrey County Council maintain the register of nationally registered parks and gardens. Click here for further details.
- SCC Registered Monuments – click here for a full catalogue of nationally registered monuments in the area.
- SCC Find Spots – click here to see a catalogue of nationally registered heritage finds.
- SCC Negative Evidence – click here for a list of locations that were checked without finding anything important.