Pyrford Neighbourhood Forum
MINUTES OF MEETING REF: PNFM010514
DATE: Thursday 1st May 2014
VENUE: 8pm Pyrford Village Hall
PRESENT: Martin Doyle (Chairman)
Graham Christie (Borough Councillor)
Pat Barnes, Carole Gale, Ivan Gale, Tracey McGuigan, Julian WaIker, Ian Whittle, Steve Wright
|1.0||The Chairman began the meeting with a welcome and introductions.|
|2.0||Minutes of previous meeting were accepted with one small amendment. Ian Mills is joining the Social and Community group, not the Open Spaces.|
|3.0||Members of the Infrastructure and Social and Community groups were unable to attend so no report on progress was received.|
CG reported for open spaces. The group have begun to explore the possibility of doing a landscape character assessment. There will be some overlap with Built environment so the two groups will need to liaise closely. A questionnaire has been prepared by the group and GC agreed to print copies. IG has been asking members to submit wish lists in order to help with the development of policies for the plan. CG is to arrange meeting with Paul Barnes to discuss application for free hedging plants offered by Woodland Trust to commemorate the fallen of World War One. CG will attend Horsell Common Preservation Society AGM – they are responsible for Pyrford common so will be able to report back on progress of application for village green status and other issues. CG mentioned views and vistas and their importance in maintaining the character of the village. The new school building was mentioned. JW reported that the new primary school will be built on the existing hard playground, so no views will be affected. He also mentioned that the new faith secondary school proposed for the area has been turned down.
IW reported for the Built Environment group. The task of producing a built environment character study for the area is underway. Areas have been divided up and several areas have now been completed. GC has the history of Pyrford Court and can help AM with that area.
The first Meet and Greet is at the coffee morning 9th May. The display board prepared by Barbara Provis was suggested as being required. JW suggested we might want to use the adjoining room to set up as the main room becomes quite busy. PB, CG, MD to attend.
SW mentioned that he would like to have a presence at the Saturday morning judo club. May 17thwas mentioned as a possible date.
The second church coffee morning is scheduled for 23rd May, but no volunteers yet.
The gazebo outside the shops is scheduled for 7th June PB (p.m.), GC, MD (p.m.), TMcG, JW (a.m.), SW to attend.
Next major public meeting is scheduled for 18th June. SW was of the opinion that we should be able to state our vision and that some draft policies should be ready by that date.
|5.0||Prototype plan. General feeling was that this is something that could be used as a template. CG will send out to committee members. MD said that he will approach printers to ask for ‘Pyrford Neighbourhood Forum’ graphic to be amended so that we can use the same font for the ‘Pyrford Neighbourhood Plan’ title.|
|6.0||Finance. MD stated that the application for funding from central government had been submitted earlier today. The DCLG automated acknowledgement stated that we could expect to hear a response in about 14 days.|
CG informed the meeting that the Woodland Trust is offering 120m of hedgerow trees free to organisations who apply. It was agreed that CG should contact Paul Barnes of Burhill Estates to see if they would accept these for planting along Sandy Lane.
|7.0||Website. MD asked that website move on from information regarding the setting up of the Forum to placing more emphasis on ‘what you have told us’ and request that more views are received. CG to send questionnaire to Steve for upload to the site. SG suggested SurveyMonkey would be a good tool to collect and collate responses through the web. CG will explore Flikr to enable photos to be uploaded to the site. SW requested that groups send info to him so that site can be updated. It was suggested that IG could pass the wish lists he has received to SW for addition to the website and that all the upcoming meetings should be added. MD to forward date info and all meeting minutes not yet on website.|
|8.0||Publicity. CG is using meet and greet to get responses to questionnaire. Other groups are using different approaches to get feedback. PB will speak to teachers about engaging school children in the process. It was suggested that a newsletter could be posted on the village noticeboards to reach people without having to deliver door to door. MD to work with CB on Newsletter|
|9.0||MD mentioned that representatives of Byfleet, West Byfleet and Pyrford NFs are to meet with Jaki Robbins of WBC on 6th May. IG mentioned that Horsell Common Preservation Society’s AGM will be on May. As this is the body that manages Pyrford Common, CG & IG plan to attend.|
|10.0||CG acknowledged that our focus was firmly on getting The Plan together, but she wanted to know what ideas we had about what will follow on afterwards. She hoped that one of the things we could do would be to form a Conservation Group.|
|11.0||The meeting finished at 10.10pm Next meeting was arranged for May 15th at 8.00pm|