It appears that the ‘The Old House’ was originally Lees Farm and the first record goes back to the 12th century when Roger de Leghe was recorded in the area. Originally a single roomed ‘Hall House’ circa 1450-1560. Alterations and extensions were frequent and blended succeeding fashions. Thus, a Tudor fireplace blends with Jacobean panelling and the Queen Anne façade from around 1710. There is talk of secret rooms, escape passages and a white glove that is traditionally handed on to each succeeding owner of the house. The land around the house was always farmed but the holding expanded and reduced or was rented out depending on ownership.