Pyrford Neighbourhood Forum
MINUTES OF MEETING REF: PNFM271014
DATE: Monday 27th October, 2014
VENUE: 8pm Pyrford Village Hall
PRESENT: Martin Doyle (Chairman)
Cliff Bolton, Pauline De Marco, Ian Mills, Tony Pratt, Barbara Provis, Hilary Whittle, Ian Whittle, Brian Wilson
APOLOGIES: Graham Chrystie, Brian Dodd, Angela Doyle, Jenny Froude, Carole Gale, Geoff Geaves, Steve Wright
|1.0||Minutes of previous meeting were accepted.|
|2.0||Several events have taken place since early June, with PNF having: a Gazebo at the Pyrford Cricket Club social event Saturday 13th June; a stand at Pyrford & Wisley Flower Show, Saturday 12th July; and a stand at Celebrate Pyrford Event Saturday 10th August. In total, over 50 new members were signed up.
It had been hoped that a meeting could have been arranged with Mrs Krynicki re involvement of schoolchildren. However, it seems she is not keen to get involved.
On Wednesday 18th June, there was a Public Meeting in Church of Good Shepherd. About 50 people attended – separate minutes issued.
|3.0||Ian Mills reported for the Social and Community team. The team have produced their section’s draft Plan. Demographics highlight the big issue of Pyrford having a significantly higher proportion of older adults than either the national average or the borough average. Policy recommendations fall into three categories;
No one was present to report on any progress made by the Infrastructure Group.
|4.0||MD reported for Open Spaces. The Landscape Character Study has been completed. The Open Spaces draft Plan section has also been completed. MD expressed his huge gratitude for the amazing amount of work put in by Carole Gale and her helpers to produce such quality documents.
Ann Kerr is an expert on landscape planning and can be called on to complete a study, but will charge.
|5.0||IW reported for Built Environment. About 80% of the roads have been covered by Street Character Assessments. IW and PD to work on a Village Design Statement.|
|6.0||Upcoming events. The Church of Good Shepherd has been booked for a Public Meeting on 13th November, with a committee meeting fixed for 11th November to check that preparations will be complete for the public meeting. .After some discussion it was agreed that we will not be ready in time. It was agreed to seek to postpone the public meeting to either late November or early December, depending on hall availability.
MD and IM to check on Church and Village Hall availability.
|7.0||Finance. MD mentioned that we have the initial £6,300 DCLG grant has finally been received by WBC Treasurers, after months of chasing. MD needs to talk with WBC Treasurers, to understand the process necessary to get the funds passed over to PNF We also now have an operational bank account. Lloyds Bank took so long in setting it up that they have paid £200 into our account as compensation for the delay. Martin complimented Joy Sachak on her perseverance in nagging the bank.
MD noted that GC is talking to a lawyer about setting up a limited company for PNF.
|8.0||No updates on website.|
|9.0||MD and CB to get together to produce publicity documentation re public meeting.|
|10.0||The meeting finished at 10.00pm. Next meeting will be held, as already arranged, for Tuesday 11th November at 8.00pm.|