Pyrford Neighbourhood Forum
MINUTES OF MEETING REF: PNFM150514
DATE: Thursday 15th May 2014
VENUE: 8pm Pyrford Village Hall
PRESENT: Martin Doyle (Chairman)
Graham Chrystie (Borough Councillor)
Cliff Bolton, Carole Gale, Ivan Gale, Pauline De Marco, Julian Walker, Hilary Whittle, Ian Whittle,
APOLOGIES: Brian Dodd, Geoff Geaves, Barbara Provis, Brian Wilson, Steve Wright
|Minutes of previous meeting were accepted.
|The Chairman briefed those present on the external meeting he has had with Woking Borough Council Planning Services which was also attended by other Neighbourhood Forum representatives [copy of notes from meeting attached]. The borough is looking to formalise the relationship with the Forums and hope to meet every 3 months. The Green Belt review will be out in the summer and there will be a public meeting to inform people. MD is receiving regular planning application notifications. The only one he has questioned, so far, is an application for a car port associated with Green Farm Cottages which is abnormally large and on the bend of Pyrford Road. There have been 16 objections. MD also reported on the meet and greet at the church coffee morning which was felt to be very worthwhile as at least forty people attended, some being young mothers and some being more elderly residents.
CG reported on her meeting with Paul Barnes of BGL. She informed him of the Woodland Trust offer to provide a free hedgerow of 120 metres in memory of the fallen of World War One. Sandy lane was suggested as a location and Paul offered to provide an additional 150 metres of hedgerow to complete the stretch along to Church Hill. This is subject to approval by BGL’s Chief Executive so the application cannot be made until this is forthcoming.
PB was not present to report on the meeting she planned to have with Head of Primary school regarding involvement of children.
|Social and community groups and Infrastructure groups were not present to report. Ian Mills is keen to become involved with Social and Community once Geoff Geaves returns from holiday. CG reported for Open Spaces. GC has printed off 200 copies of the Open Spaces questionnaire. 30 of these were filled in at the Church coffee morning and it is hoped to receive more completed forms from the meet and greets yet to take place. She also reported on the landscape character assessment which she plans to undertake. For this purpose, Pyrford open spaces have been divided into six areas. The categories under which the study will take place have been taken from a study in Liss, as recommended by Ann Kerr.
IW reported on Built environment. He has received back several very good character studies and Pauline de Marco has started work on her roads. GC commented on the importance of the character of an area when decisions are made on planning applications. MD will help coordinate Ian’s area whilst he is away.
|Upcoming events were discussed. SW is taking a display and questionnaires to the Judo Club 17thMay. CB agreed to attend the church coffee morning 23rd May and to coordinate the setting up of a gazebo outside the shops on 7th June. It was agreed that this would be from 9.30 – 12.30pm. CG offered to attend. She suggested that the wish list currently being collated by IG be presented here for people to add to.
MD stated that the meeting at the church on June 18th be presented as the last chance for people to have input. It was agreed that the meeting should be 7.30 for 8 with coffee being served at the beginning rather than half way through.
|The structure of the plan was discussed. MD suggested that, after the introduction, there would be something like three pages for each area, with statements on things that should be conserved and areas for improvement. He hoped that all the detailed supporting information that we gather would be included as attachments to the main Plan. GC suggested that the plan might make provision for affordable housing. GC stated that the borough’s catalogue of listed buildings is no longer up to date. He also mentioned that the ‘Areas of Special Character’ designation had been removed by the council but that the Plan could seek to have these restored and extended.
|MD reported that our funding application has been approved to a value of £7,000, the majority of which must be spent on consultant’s fees as this was the reason for the award. We need to decide how we incorporate the Forum when setting up our bank account as there are a number of options.
|MD reported that SW is handing over responsibility for the website. He has been in contact with someone who set up Byfleet Forum website and they will give our website an overhaul. It is possible that this person might continue to manage the website. CB mentioned that SW has done a very good job. The data from the original questionnaire still requires collating. GC said that he might be able to find some volunteers to do this.
|CB reported on the photography competition he is planning for Pyrford Flower Show. He will produce flyer to be distributed in various locations with entries to be taken to the Flower Show for judging with results being announced in the afternoon. The subject will simply be ‘Pyrford’. CB also mentioned that he might be able to get a slot for the Forum on Surrey and Sussex Radio
|A.O.B MD mentioned that the Residents Association are having a meeting on 24th June at which Maggie Meade King, the leader of Highgate Neighbourhood Forum, is speaking.
GC mentioned that our Police Neighbourhood Teams are being halved from the 1st June. This is against a background of very high rates of burglary in the area. He also referred to the problem of the lack of accessibility at West Byfleet Health Centre.
|The meeting finished at 10.00pm Next meeting was arranged for June 12th at 8.00pm