Pyrford Neighbourhood Forum
MINUTES OF MEETING REF: PNFM170414
DATE: Thursday 17th April 2014
VENUE: 8pm Church of the Good Shepherd Annexe
PRESENT: Friday 20th April 2014
VENUE: 8pm Pyrford War Memorial Village Hall
PRESENT: Martin Doyle (Chairman)
Graham Christie (Borough Councillor)
Cliff Bolton, Sonia de Laurenzy, Pauline De Marco, Brian Dodd, Michael Doyle, Carole Gale, Geoff Geaves, Ann McClean, Hilary Whittle
|The Chairman began the meeting with a welcome and introductions.
|Minutes of previous meeting were accepted
|MD stated that there have been about 50 responses to the survey. The committee discussed how the meeting could have been improved. IG suggested that a question and answer session would have been useful. It was felt that the feedback from conversations after the break were helpful. BD reported that one of the issues emerging is the lack of mains sewerage for quite a few homes, also the problem with dog mess. GG mentioned that the demographic data is interesting in having some groups it is difficult to characterise as having specific needs (unlike the young and the elderly). It was suggested that coffee should be served before the meeting commenced to prevent people from wandering off.
GC mentioned that he would like to see improvements in access to West Byfleet Health Centre and would also like to halt the practice of rejected plans being resubmitted on a regular basis. AM stated that Q & A sessions are a better way to get feedback from people rather than form-filling.
CB suggested a gazebo on the green next to the shops would be a good way to meet people.
|The work groups reported on progress. GG and BW intend to doorstep certain people to gather more data. Ian Mills is to join the Open Spaces group. The Group are developing a spreadsheet of services in the Area. GG mentioned that he is away for a month. BD is continuing to gather data and has IM to call on for help. HW gave an update on behalf of IW and explained the character study he is undertaking. Nick Miller has been helping. Ann Kerr is an expert on landscape planning and can be called on to complete a study, but will charge. CG mentioned the landscape character study she has started and asked if she should liaise with IW as there might be some overlap. She also mentioned that she has started to work the Open Spaces information into a plan template and agreed to circulate this to members for comment. MD reported on meeting with Paul Barnes of Burhill estates and showed members where Burhill land was located in Forum area. A brief discussion of Green Belt land ensued. GC said that the plan should look at land for development, CG stated that there was no requirement to seek development in Pyrford on Green Belt land as Pyrford has not been identified as a location for new housing. MD said that Paul Barnes is open to meetings with Forum members in order to arrange surveys on biodiversity, for example, but had concerns about public liability insurance.
|MD raised the question of the timeframe of the plan. The committee agreed a period of 10 years was appropriate. He also asked who would write the preamble, BD suggested that MD might do it.
|MD has given details to set up bank account to JS, assumes that this is progressing. Need to find out what AK would charge and whether we have funds to cover this.
|Some data needs to be added to the website, SW will add when returns from holiday
|Publicity. SL raised the issue of lack of knowledge of what the Forum is about. She also mentioned that she believes there is an issue emerging concerning the size of the Primary school. There is a plan to build a new school, even though the existing school appears perfectly good. It is believed that an expansion is planned which will bring more children into the village and consequently an increase in parking problems. GC offered to invite the chairman of the education committee to our next meeting to explain the plans for local schools.
GC left the meeting at 10pm
It is not intended to produce another newsletter. The press will be notified of Forum activities after the next public meeting at the end of June which it is hoped will galvanise local people as the issue of the new school becomes more widely known. GG stated that he would like it explained to people the difference between the Forum and the Residents Association. AM received assurance that there would be a presence at the Flower Show.
The following public sessions were agreed:
Friday 9th May at Church coffee morning
Friday 23rd May second session at Church coffee morning
Saturday June 7th Gazebo on green in front of Marshall Parade shops
Public Meeting in Church of Good Shepherd, Weds 18th or 25th June
|The meeting finished at 1030pm. Next meeting was arranged for May 1st at 7.30pm