Pyrford Neighbourhood Forum
MINUTES OF MEETING REF: PNFM040314
DATE: Tuesday 4th March 2014
VENUE: 8pm Pyrford War Memorial Village Hall
PRESENT: Martin Doyle (Chairman)
Ian Whittle (Vice Chairman)
Pat Barnes, Cliff Bolton, Brian Dodd, Angela Doyle, Carole Gale, Ivan Gale, Geoff Geaves, Peter Jackson, Ian Makowski, Mike Morris, Tony Pratt, Barbara Provis, Ian Whittle, Steve Wright
|1.0||The Chairman began the meeting with a welcome and introductions.|
|2.0||Last week’s minutes were read and approved.|
|3.0||MD gave an overview of the road ahead. He stated that the first half of the year would involve the most work. Publicity needs to be worked on and a questionnaire has to be distributed to every household. There is finance available to help with the establishment of a plan. He explained that we need to set up a bank account, which Ian Makowski says is quite easy to do, but incorporation as a charity and setting ourselves up as a corporate person in order to get the government money will take longer. Once incorporated we will be required to produce annual accounts. The bank account will not be able to go over £50,000 and will require names of signatories.|
MD also referred to the need to contact local organisations to get their input. The Forum will eventually receive some of the money levied on new developments which can then be used for the benefit of our community.
|4.0||MD handed out copies of the Tattenhall plan which members agreed was a good template to base our plan on.|
|5.0||SW showed us the work he has been doing on preparing a Road Map for the Forum. He has prepared several spreadsheets which explain the stages of the process, the timetable and includes formats for entering data in order to be able to collate it.|
He stated that it is important to develop a vision for the community early on and we need to know the time period the plan will cover. We need to collect data, such as key buildings in the community, houses of interest and businesses. We shall need policies, some generic and some specific. SW also suggested that it would be good to involve school children, teachers and parents in an exercise around the policies that could be developed.
|6.0||MD stated that we are at the data gathering stage. We need, in effect, to produce an inventory of Pyrford. SW pointed out that Woking Borough Council has some very good demographic data. IG asked how the demographic data would help the Forum. MM explained that the fact that there is a deficit of 20-40 year olds, for example, might influence the plan to have policies to attract them to Pyrford. SW stated that initial data gathering should be completed by the end of March. IM said he thought this would slip. CG said that the data gathering could carry on beyond March, it needn’t hold up the business of producing the plan. MD noted that the proposed Plan will have to spend six weeks in the public domain after its submission to the local authority.|
|7.0||AD said that the members list has lots of gaps in it. Any help with filling in the gaps would be appreciated, particularly email addresses.|
|8.0||Discussion returned to the questionnaire. CG proposed 3 questions:|
1. What do you like about Pyrford?
2. What are the issues that concern you?
3. What could be improved?
4. Are you willing to help
|IM asked if the next major meeting was to be in June. GG said we have to know what the meetings are for. We have to have something to tell them. BD said the next public meeting should be in April.|
The proposed questions for the survey were accepted and it was agreed that the Residents association would help with the distribution of it. All present agreed that MD and CB could put the survey pages together. PB said that she would ask Curchods to print the leaflets again. GG mentioned that Graham Christie offered to do some printing for us.
|11.0||It was mentioned that the old school becoming vacant presented an opportunity for the community to provide new services, perhaps a day centre for old people.|
|12.00||The groups established the previous week gave their feedback. Reference was made by GG to the usefulness of the Borough Plan and its core strategies. CG mentioned the two planning officers assigned to help with developing the plan. She also mentioned the databases set up by the open spaces group – land ownership (GG) and expert advisers (BP). She also referred to the expert knowledge of Brian Wilson on all things historical. The built environment group has no members yet. IW agreed to lead this group and to contact possible members.|
|13.0||AD asked if there might be money available from the Flower Show. CB raised the issue of advertising the Forum at the Flower Show. CG suggested that one of the photography competition categories might be ‘Favourite views of Pyrford’ which would help us provide a ‘views and vistas’ appendix to the plan. BD said that a proposal could be submitted to him to have this category which CG agreed to do by email.|
|14.0||TP raised the issue of storing and accessing data. He also wanted a clear ‘flagging up’ method so we know what is happening when. CG suggested a list of data sets with the names of those holding the data kept on the website. SW said he would look into setting up a cloud storage area for all data so that it can be accessed by all committee members.|
|Meeting ended at 10.00pm|
Next Meeting date Tuesday 11.03.2014