Pyrford Neighbourhood Forum
MINUTES OF MEETING REF: PNFM041013
DATE: Friday 4th October 2013
VENUE: 8pm Pyrford War Memorial Village Hall
PRESENT: Martin Doyle (Chairman)
Ian Whittle (Vice Chairman)
Cliff Bolton (Publicity Officer)
Graham Christie (Borough Councillor)
Yvette Bolton, Barbara Provis, Pat Barnes, Angela Doyle, Carole Gale,
Akeel Sashak, Joy Sashak, Julian Walker, Vincent Withers, Ian Whittle, Derek Berriman, Steve Wright
IN ATTENDANCE: Penny Hoskyn (CDR West Byfleet)
APOLOGIES: Brian Dodd, Geoff Geaves, Lucy Peacock, Tony Pratt
|1.0||Martin opened the meeting and read out the agenda
2. Constitution – agree revisions
3. Election of Officers
·1 Contact List – need to fill in blanks
·2 New Members
5. Pyrford neighbourhood boundary
·3 West Byfleet neighbourhood boundary
-0 Postcode vs. Parish
·4 Volunteers for knocking on doors
6. Application to Woking Borough Council
·6 Compliance Checks
·7 Statistical info re members – locality / age / experience
·8 Affiliated organisations
·9 Meet with Ernest Amoako, WBC Planning Policy dept
·11Website – pyrfordforum.org
·12Social Networking Sites
8. Any Other Business
|1.1||Martin asked those attending to introduce themselves. Martin then opened the meeting confirming that 37 Pyrford residents were at the meeting last week and therefore these were inaugural members. Martin would like to see the member numbers rise to 100.
It was suggested that canvassing local residents would have be necessary and needed to be organised.
|2.0||Constitution – Martin had sent out revised Constitution.
A copy of the Byfleet Constitution were also available to view by attendees.A number of amendments were proposed. Graham Christie had suggested additions to points 1.4, 2.2. and 3.1.
Section 3.10 talked about holding an AGM in May – better to say we will normally hold it in September.
Amendments were also proposed in Section 5 : General policy and principles
Biodiversity to be added to 5.2. 5.3 “public realm” wording to be deleted.
5.5 – expand “supporting employment” to the wider community. Additional section 5.10 re wider consultation with adjoining neighbourhoods.
Changes agreed unamimously . Martin will make the changes and issue again.
Ernest Amoako has agreed to vet the Constitution before application. Martin to book appointment
|4.0||Officers Proposed and Agreed:
Martin Doyle was confirmed as chairman
Steve and Ian agreed to be Joint Vice Chairman
Joint Secretaries – Pat, Yvette and Carol
Treasurer – Joy Sashak
Publicity – Cliff Bolton
|5.0||A plan for Pyrford will have to be written to include criteria for limiting the type of development, and include as much on site parking as possible. E.g. that any new planning application will have to have at least 2 car parking spaces on site.
|Akeel & Joy joined the meeting at 8.35pm
|Plan will be drafted, submit to the council, who vet it and then has to be independently examined by the local planning inspectorate. There is a registration fee.
Pyrford Forum are very happy to work with West Byfleet through discussion but to make separate applications.
We then have to have a vote of at least 50% of the original voters. There is no set timescale for the plan which takes about 3-4 months to get through, therefore could be an official body by middle of February, then we have to make our plan ‘wish list’.
We need age support – Byfleet have a Youth Forum. Julian Walker offered to talk to Suzanne who runs the church youth group. The under 21’s have to live or work in Pyrford.
Contact List – Martin had about 60 names of whom 37 turned up for the first meeting. These names were read out and different members agreed to contact them to prompt them to come along to the next meeting.
A Leaflet drop by street reps within next two weeks was discussed and leaflet will be put together by Cliff and Barbara. A notice in the Parish Magazine would be a good idea. A display stand at the Shepherds market and a drop in with more information were all discussed.
|Graham Chrystie joined the meeting at 9pm.|
|Steve offered to build the web site.
Graham Chrystie suggested an open evening in the Village Hall and he would try to get the MP along.
The leaflet drop would be the best solution.
Radio station – could get a mention on Surrey Radio.
|6.0||Boundary Map was put on display and Martin described the different boundaries i.e. the Pyrford Ward, Parish boundary and postcode boundary. After much discussion motion proposed and carried that we go ahead using the Parish boundary with limited tweaks to the north and south on the map.
|7.0||Application – Volunteers required for:
-7 proof reading
-8 checking compliance with statutory policies
-9 gathering of statistics about Forum members
-10 Businesses will need to be contacted if they are included,
Julian suggested checking the Parish magazine.
|7.1||Publicity – Cliff reported that the local papers had been contacted and an article together with 2 photographs had been printed in the Surrey Advertiser this week reporting on the Inaugural meeting of the Neighbourhood Forum. The papers will be contacted again in the future when there is something interesting that can be published.
|7.2||Web-Site – Martin confirmed a web site name had been registered pyrfordforun.org and included a half built web site. He would like Facebook and Twitter to link to the web site. Carol offered to help with the Twitter account. The web-site will have an area for Minutes and other information which will save sending out e-mails every time.
|8.0||Any Other Business
Statistics for the membership – require name, telephone number, age range, and what you know about them (job experience / community interests).
Will need to contact the Cricket Club and social club (Mike agreed to talk to Cliff Butler). Arbor Youth Club to be contacted, and Guides, Brownies and Scouts. Vicar is very supportive. Pyrford Court would like to know what they can do to support.
|Meeting ended at 10.15pm
Next Meeting date – brief discussion but Friday evening was not
Leave a Reply