Pyrford Neighbourhood Forum
MINUTES OF MEETING REF: PNFM111013
DATE: Friday 11th October 2013
VENUE: 8pm Pyrford War Memorial Village Hall
PRESENT: Martin Doyle (Chairman)
Graham Chrystie (Borough Councillor)
Pat Barnes, Angela Doyle, Carole Gale, Vicki Kirby, Tony Pratt, Barbara Provis,
Julian Walker, Mike Warren
|1.0||Martin opened the meeting and read out the agenda.|
Martin asked those attending to introduce themselves and to state briefly which planning issues particularly interested them. PB stated that in canvassing opinions, she found that many people want a recreation ground. JW explained that Burhill estates had offered this many years ago but the residents did not want one in the location proposed. VK stated that a disabled access swing would be a good idea. GC mentioned that in terms of Burhill estates ownership of land there is great sensitivity around Shey Copse, particularly as the stables only have 21/2 years left on the lease. GC pointed out that some sites in Pyrford are critical and some are not. MW stated that the Forum should be open to new ideas and new initiatives from younger residents moving into the area.
|2.0||Minutes of Previous meeting (Friday 4th October 2013)|
The minutes of the last meeting were adopted.
|3.0||Constitution – review revised version|
MD ran through the changes that have been made to the constitution, as agreed at the last meeting. The changes were accepted by all present.
MD pointed out the changes that have been made to the Pyrford Neighbourhood Forum boundaries. This was done to include as many streets as possible considered to be in Pyrford and to rationalise the boundary in other areas. The plan takes the Parish boundary in the North and the Borough boundary in the South. There are a few changes to these boundaries in the west around areas such as Shey Copse to include cottages and to follow more natural boundaries.
MD stated that the boundary takes as large an area as possible as it is far easier to remove, if necessary, than to add them in at a later date. Everyone present agreed with the boundary map demonstrated by Martin.
|5.0||Election of Officers (Membership Secretary & Community Liaison Officer)|
MD stated that a membership secretary was needed. AD volunteered for the membership secretary post. VK offered to help with the role. PB and VK agreed to volunteer to cover Community Liaison.
The issue of membership was raised. CG stated it would be helpful to have a form that could be handed out to people as a means of collecting crucial data such as age and expertise. It was pointed out that there is such a form on the website. TP stated that parents are a very motivated group and that they should be targeted. Several members stated the importance of getting younger people involved.
|7.0||Application to Woking Borough Council|
Next public meeting. Barbara and Cliff have produced a leaflet for distribution around houses to advertise the meeting on 24th October in the Church of the Good Shepherd annexe. It was suggested that the 2,500 copies could be increased to allow for leaflets being placed in venues such as the church, shops, surgery, social club, etc. VK suggested a few changes to the leaflet. VK and CG agreed to work on changes as quickly as possible.
There was some discussion of who might print the leaflets. Some suggestions, including Pyrford Press, were made.
The nature of the public meeting was discussed. It was felt that the meeting should be about building interest, with emphasis on the issues that residents might wish to engage with. Opportunities should be given for people to express their views in smaller groups. Sourcing of display boards and flip charts was discussed.
MD has arranged a meeting with Ernest Amoako, WBC Planning Policy dept.
It was noted that Cliff Bolton had ensured coverage of our meetings in local newspapers.
The final item on the agenda was the Forum’s online presence. The website pyrfordforum.org is up and running and Facebook and Twitter accounts have been created. VK offered to contribute to the Twitter account. CG will share password with VK.
|Meeting ended at 10pm|
|MD||Next Committee Meeting date – again mentioned that Friday evening was not particularly popular – Martin will advise the date and arrangements|